dinsdag 22 september 2015

Baby please don't go by Frank Freudberg

5 stars
 
WOW what an amazing read this is!

Everytime I thought I knew where the story was going it totally turned out different.
It made me scream out loud: NOOOOO Don’t listen!, OMG Don’t do it! Why are you so easy manipulated? Or are you not?
I just could’t put it down.
 
All Lock Gilkenney wants is a family, but he’ll have to cross the line to get one.

Lock Gilkenney is one of the best investigator his boss/friend/tutor Abner (Abby) has working at child protective service agency.

Abby is like a father to Lock. Lock’s biological father was an abusive alcoholist. Lock is also familiar with alchohol but he is sober for quite some time and still goes to AA meetings.
When a report against the Mannheim family comes in, Lock responds and finds out that the kids are just fine. Natalie Mannheim tell’s Lock that the report came from her husband and his lawyer because he doesn’t want her to get any money after the divorce. Lock , who can’t get the goodlooking and very nice Natalie out of his head, wants to help her and comes up with a plan.
Will it work out ok? And will Lock finally have the family he always wanted?

I liked Lock, but I also found him naïve some times (made me wanna slap him). Abby is the kind of man that always gives you good advice. And first I liked Natalie, then hated her, then had sympathy for her and ended up hating her again.
Drinking, drunk driving, accident with a child involved are some of the keywords here.

Frank Freudberg did an amazing job in getting my head messed up, it makes me want to read more from his hand.

I highly reccomend it to psychological thriller readers.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten